Are you starting to feel MoFo burn-out? Blogging everyday is hard, yo! So far I have kept up with one post per day, and I am on track to hit my target of 31 posts in 31 days. But my material for posts is wearing thin so I thought I would take this vintage MoFo survey (from 2007!) that was resurrected over at PB and Kelly.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Honestly I don’t buy non-dairy milk that much, I don’t drink it anymore. No reason why, I just don’t. Back in Canada when I was buying it regularly, I bought VitaSoy light, but I think I heard VitaSoy was discontinued. I do use a bit of soy milk in my coffee at work, which is Silk vanilla.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? I keep thinking about some vital wheat gluten sausages, as well as lasagna and pumpkin cinnamon rolls. I’ll probably make the sausages this weekend, but I don’t know about the lasagna or cinnamon rolls.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Hot sauce!
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? There have definitely been a lot of these. The most recent was when I was trying to make chickpea flour pancakes. I ended up with a gooey mess all over my cast iron skillet that took awhile to clean.
5. Favorite pickled item? Dill pickles. Preferably in a sandwich with peanut butter. Don’t judge me until you try it.
6. How do you organize your recipes? For online recipes I use Evernote. It’s really cool. You just highlight what part of the text/pics/whatever on a page you want to save and then it saves it for you! You give things keywords and it’s really easy to find things. I love it!
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? I wish I composted but we don’t have a garden so I don’t know what I would do with the compost. Anything that can go into the garbage disposal does.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? Sriracha, chickpeas, and nutritional yeast.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? My Mom was a busy working mom and didn’t have much time to cook/bake. One thing we did make together though was what I called “crunchy chocolate.” Basically you melt peanut butter and chocolate chips and add in rice crispies. Then you put blobs of the concoction on to wax paper and freeze them. So good! This would be really easy to veganize, I should do it.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? I don’t often buy vegan ice cream because I’m a cheapskate, but the time I broke down and bought that chocolate chip cookie dough stuff made from coconut milk was pretty awesome.
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Lately I’ve been using cumin a LOT. But does garlic count for this question? Because I can’t live without garlic.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? Easy Indian Cooking. My cousin bought it for me a really long time ago when I was vegetarian. I think I’ve had this book for 10 years or so. I didn’t cook then, so I haven’t made much out of it.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Chokecherry! It’s usually homemade and full of sugar. Maybe it’s a western Canada thing.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Everyone loves baked goodies! If I had to pick something savory, I would say a hearty stew or chili with homemade bread.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? I like to cook in the afternoon. Sunday afternoons are usually perfect for this.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Dust.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Edamame, almond meal, and veggie scraps for veggie broth
20. What’s on your grocery list? Fruit, vegetables, and dried beans. Okay that’s kind of cheating because those are three categories, but whatever.
21. Favorite grocery store? Trader Joe’s! But it’s hard for me to get there since I hurt my foot. It’s about a 20 min. walk away.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. Now I can’t stop thinking about that ‘crunchy chocolate’ stuff I was talking about in a previous question.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3? I read a lot, especially now that I’ve found so many through MoFo! I don’t think I can pick just 3!
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? Go Max Go Vegan bars. But I’m cheap and don’t buy them.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Hmm, a bag of Daiya I bought and froze. I don’t buy too many extravagant goodies typically.